Posted: July 3, 2010 in Engine Bay, Toby Broadfield's S13
Tags: ,

I have been driving the 240 for the last couple weeks. No rubbing or any issues. However, me being me, I already have the thing torn apart again. It all started with an A/C leak. I found that the low pressure line that routes behind the motor had been rubbed through and pierced the aluminum line. A couple of years ago when I did the Full Race top-mount mani setup, I had to cram the line up against the driver’s side, rear corner of the head. Well, it officially rubbed all the way through. So I simply removed it to weld up the hole. However, I had to move some AN lines and wiring harnesses out-of-the-way to do it. Well, that’s what always happens with me. One little thing turns into another completely unrelated project. I decided that I would completely tuck the engine bay. A little back story to this is that a did a half tuck when I did the Full Race setup. I relocated the fuse boxes, tucked the upper engine harness etc. However, I still had the main engine harness entering the engine bay in the stock location on the firewall. And with all of my Defi gauges and other crap, I had a lot of extra wiring beyond the OEM stuff. I did the best I could with it and had one big loom of wires(OEM engine harness, gauge wiring, my Cusco E-Con damping wiring etc.) that routed along the upper firewall….. as seen in the following picture.

So that harness is completely gone now.  I cut a hole in the side of the transmission tunnel, then routed all harnesses up onto the top of the transmission.  Then simply routed them out right behind the block….. out of sight, out of mind.  I am almost completely done.  Just need to extend a couple of wires on the driver’s side and route them into the cabin via the fender location.   This is where I routed the harnesses through.  I drilled a 1-1/2″ hole and slapped a plastic grommet into it:

A couple of pics of some wiring that I had to extend.  These are all just for the sensors for my Defi gauges.  I didn’t have to extend anything on the engine harness.  Simply unplug it and re-route it through the new location.

A little closeup of the lack of wiring…. much better:

Now I just need to finish up the wiring and finally get some new pics of the bay and the exterior of the car.  I also have one more thing in store for the engine bay.  It’s probably what I’m most excited about.  I’ll post about it once I have them in my possession. : )

  1. David Feliciano says:

    top quality work, keep it up. Love it

  2. Jeff says:

    So sick Toby! I know what that little surprise you’re waiting for is but I don’t want to ruin it!

  3. Wow, I just finished my wiring last night… way to make me feel/look like a slacker, haha. Can’t wait to see new pics of the car, man!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s